Thursday, June 9, 2011

Update 001

Switched portfolio over to new server at comxa.com. I liked netne.net, but what can you do? I had to get this done. In any case, the tabs are looking good. I made the links display in the corresponding color underneath each tab and I finally got started on the portfolio section - replete with lightbox photo effects! PrettyPhoto courtesy of Stephanie Caron.

I realize the portfolio is the most important aspect but I can't really do anything until I get all my work from No Wooden Nickels sent in. In the meantime, I'll be uploading logos from other sites slowly. And when I get access to my hard drive, I'll be uploading textless sigs that I like the most. Admittedly, I may have gone a bit overboard with the social networking links, but I don't care much. I like the buttons, needless to say.

I'll be applying for a junior designer position in downtown LA. Hopefully I'll be able to get that position so I can start to get a steady payroll. It seems promising. On the other hand, I definitely need an extensive portfolio if I want to succeed without pursuing a college degree. It really bites knowing you need a degree to tell someone you can code when you've been doing it since you were half your current age...

In other news, Melon my dwarf hamster gave birth today! She had five-six babies and they're all cute and red! I'll be uploading some videos to Facebook for all to see shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment